It is not easy to tackle a large scale project because lots of activities are involved in it. One of the most important things of tackling a project successfully is to be aware about the status of project work. It is your responsibility to keep your team aware about the status of your work and it can be accomplished so easily by writing a status report. Status report provides an overview of project by answering all important questions such as what is our motive behind the project, what we want to achieve and details of pending works. Status report helps you to learn how to manage a project effectively by addressing lots of problems. Some people give lot of important to the initial plan for project but it is not a good tool to gauge the progress of your project. It is necessary to write a status report for your project members so that you can clearly communicate individual progress according to assigned tasks.
Tips to Write Project Status Report
Following are some tips to write a status report for your project so that you can pinpoint the strengths and weaknesses of your project:
- In first step you have to make sure either you have clearly defined goals of your project of not. Large scale projects require lots of people and resources therefore your report should cover all points.
- You have to state how these people and resources work in collaboration toward one goal. It is necessary to understand the big picture before writing your status report in order to communicate right information.
- It is necessary to verify require format to write your status report and verify the time period in which the project should be covered. You can create it as formal report or as informal communication including emails.
- Communicate with your management team or working group to learn about the necessity of report. It will help you to determine how often the status report is required to be created and it is your responsibility to format it correctly.
- Start report with general overview of the project and some accomplished steps of project till the day of reporting. Do not forget to mention any problems or issues you have faced till the reporting date and write down steps that are taken to resolve these issues.
- Discuss the next steps of your project plan and include proposed time frame as well as any changes to the original project plan. Write your budget requirements and the cost incurred on project till date. You have to include how your strategies help to accomplish overall goals of the projects.
- Write positive notes at the end of the report and include confidence statement about the ability of your team to complete your project on right time successfully. Include your contact information and offer follow up to personally discuss your report in detail.
- It is necessary to cross check your report before submitting it because any language mistakes can spoil your all efforts.
Here is download link for this report template,