Field reports are written in office environments to state the results and other data obtained from a trip. These reports are also known as field trip reports and are written to summarize details of fieldwork, experiences, observations and conclusions to clarify both type of qualitative and quantitative data collection. Field report is usually written to explain all procedures how different sets of data work together to answer the research questions related to your objectives. Field report can be written on different subjects such as observation of wildlife or evaluation of coal mines etc. Field report may be written on the functions and relations of an organizations network with specific branch. Any kind of field report requires some steps to follow to make sure that the report is effective and professional.
Important Elements of Field Report
All types of field reports use combination of theory and practice to describe both portrayal and analysis. It is important to be careful while writing field reports to present descriptions without any error. Following are important elements of field reports:
- Description: You have to write your observations you have seen or observed on specific place.
- Analysis: write strengths and weaknesses, reflection or evaluation of observations in the light of theory and key concepts of your course.
- Appendix: It contains necessary information to support your analysis for example, full transcripts of observations, maps and court session details.
Tips to Write Field Report
- You have to take notes while your trip to detail everything properly to avoid future problems. It is good to quite dates with each observation and it is especially important to write dates if your subject gets affected with weather or any other factor. If you want to quote some interviews in the field report to support your evidences then you have to write name of the interviewees, their job titles and function.
- Start your report writing right after your field trip because any delay can change the shapes of your facts and figures. Start your report with your name, date and title of the report. Your title should reflect your specific purpose of your field trip or field report.
- Write a general summary of your field report for the convenience of reader and you can name this section as “Overview”. This should include general summary of your observations and conclusions.
- Carefully write the body of your report and write it in different way based on the context of your trip. You can use a typical organizational structure to state your field trip activities and other observations. You can simply use chronological order to thoroughly write your day by day details.
- Finalize your field report with “Conclusion” and it should be of personal nature. You can use different observations and data to support your conclusion.
- After completing your report, cross check it to remove all logical and grammatical errors. You can take the services of some colleague or friend to review important parts of your report.
Download Field Report Template.
More from my site
- Student Report Template It is the part of study to write formal or informal reports according to the requirements of your subjects. Student report can be of different types such as science report, project report or summer reports etc. Several different topics are covered in student reports according to class. […]
- Customer Service Report Template Report writing is always remaining one of important tasks of managing the business affairs. Customer service report is also very important to write to evaluate the performance of customer service department. Customer service report is also known as consumer report. Customer service […]
- Audit Report Template Audits entail careful examination of a single aspect of a business. Small enterprises as well as supervisors rely on correct data made by audits to help them monitor potentially dangerous situations as well as enhance existing techniques. Reports readily available audits can help […]
- Project Status Report Template It is not easy to tackle a large scale project because lots of activities are involved in it. One of the most important things of tackling a project successfully is to be aware about the status of project work. It is your responsibility to keep your team aware about the status of your […]
- Annual Report Template Executive teams make investments a lot of time, designing as well as generating annual report back to communicate their particular company's prior years outcomes. For many businesses, the actual annual report is regarded as marketing costs that the company could have all seasons. For […]
- Analysis Report Template Getting the most from your business indicates not just focusing on how you function, in how your stack up when compared to the competition. Competitors drives a lot of just how businesses function in which understanding your position, expenses, emphasis and merchandise or even solutions […]
- Expenditure Report Template Businesses usually have specific recommendations pertaining to confirming journey expenses. Staff is necessary to follow these tips carefully so they do not get their unique expenditure critiques delivered. This could postpone repayments. Cost document recommendations will in all […]
- Reseller Agreement Template A reseller is a company or an individual that purchase merchandise or services with the intention of selling them, rather than consuming or using them. Generally it made for profit earning but sometimes the commodities have to sale at loss. One example can be found in telecommunications, […]
- Sales Plan Template Marketing and advertisement is very essential for each person who is engaged in the sales of goods and services. Preparing sale plan can better meet this need for personal and business purposes. Here we design a professional looking sale plan template that you can use for your needs […]
- Blue Label Template Almost every business in this world need to generate Labels for their customers. It doesn't matter if its invoice to be sent or just greetings on public events, one must choose a professional yet attractive labels to grab customer's attention. Here is a Blue Label Template that will help […]